Friday, April 01, 2005

Matt 5: 44-45

Jesus said, "I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous." NIV

Father in Heaven-
Thank you for the sun and springtime showers. They cause things that were dead to come alive reminding me of your death and resurrection. They also remind me of my death to self and new life in Christ. Please dear Lord rain down on me today:

  • More love that sacrifices self to love those who offend me
  • More power to overcome evil and temptation
  • More joy in my salvation
  • More peace to guard my heart, as I trust in you
  • More mercy to not judge or criticize my adversaries
  • More compassion to love the unlovable
  • More opportunities to do good deeds in the name of Jesus even to those who hate me
  • More faith to BELIEVE you
  • More humility to admit when I’m wrong
  • More self-control to tame my tongue

Then dear Lord make your Son shine on the fertile soil of my heart and I will grow to be more like Jesus. Amen

Allow the Lord to rain down on you today. What do you need more Son shine to grow? Bask in the warmth of His love and you too will grow up to be more like Jesus.

No comments: