Thursday, April 14, 2005

1 John 3: 14, 16

16If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to eternal life. But a person who has no love is still dead ...16We know what real love is because Christ gave up His life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters. NLT

Luke 23:33-34 … 33 they crucified him … 34Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." NIV

Father God,
I love You because You hear and answer my prayers. When I was staring death in the face, and hell was hard on my heels I did not know which way to turn. I cried out to You for help. In Your gracious compassion and mercy, You saved my life. You are faithful, kind, and good.


Thank you for the lesson I learn at the cross. As Your precious Son hung there in excruciating pain, exhausted, and asphyxiated, He begged You to forgive those who drove the nails into his hands. Let these Words penetrate the hollow of my heart and sink deep into my brain so that I will not sin against you.

I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and that You raised Him from the dead. I believe that no matter what I have done in the past, I am completely forgiven. I believe you want me to apply this same principle to those people who have caused me agony. No pain I endure on earth can compare to the cost you paid for me on the cross. Thank you, Father, for giving me Your Son!


Please give me more of the Holy Spirit so that I will have the power to love others like Jesus. Because of the blessing you poured out on me, I will give back to you love for my Christian brothers and sisters. May Your love shape my life and make me a blessing today. In the blessed name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

I will choose to love _________________________ and with Your help express it. Fill in the blank and obey.

No comments: