Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Romans 12:10

Love each other as Christian brothers. Show respect for each other. (NLV)

Matthew 11: Jesus said, 29"Follow My teachings and learn from Me. I am gentle and do not have pride." NLV

Father God,
I love the house where You live, the place where Your glory dwells. I long to stay in Your home forever and gaze upon Your beauty. I love You Father. Out of love and respect for You, I will love and respect my brothers and sisters. Please give me a godly perspective so that I can see them with eternal eyes. Open my spiritual ears so that I can genuinely listen with a heart of compassion to their hidden hurts and heartaches, their deepest dreams and desires. Father, as You attentively listen to me, I will carefully listen others.


I will protect the reputation and dignity of our family by not gossiping. I will practice remarkable integrity by being honest and speaking the truth in love. Before I talk, I will think of kind words that build up rather than tear down. Please help me to be sensitive to other’s feelings, understand them, and bring out the best in them. I do not want to be judgmental. I just want more of Jesus so that I will be gentle and full of grace for His namesake. Amen.

Open your spiritual ears and take time to listen to the heart of a brother or sister today.

No comments: