Wednesday, April 20, 2005

1 Peter 4:9

Open your homes to each other without complaining. TEV

Luke 14:12-14
12Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." NIV

Father in Heaven-
Thank you for giving me the miracle of a Christian home. This home is not mine. It belongs to You. Often the details of entertaining consume me. I want to impress people with my beautiful well kept home, my clever decorating, and my gourmet cooking. I am so busy with the preparations that I forget WHO I am serving.


Empower me to put people before things. Instead of putting away the dirt, I will put away my pride and allow others to see my humanness. Shape my home into a place free of false pretensions where people can relax and be themselves.

Open my heart to a needy family in my community. I will obediently open my home as a place of shelter and healing for them. It is my desire to use the gifts You’ve lavished on me to glorify You. I am Your humble servant, please show me how to practice biblical hospitality for Jesus name sake. Amen.

Have you had your neighbors into your home lately? If not, what is keeping you from doing it? Consider setting aside your agenda for that of Christ.

No comments: