Thursday, April 21, 2005

Romans 15:7

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. MSG

Romans 12: 16 Live in harmony with each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all! MSG

Matthew 9: 10-13 10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and ‘sinners’?"

12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Father God-
I still rejoice and marvel at the fact that You love, chose, and adopted me despite my indecent life, impure motives, and improper attitudes. You accept me as Your beloved child. After adopting me, You turned me into a beautiful masterpiece in Your heavenly workshop. Now I am useful to do the good things You planned for me.

By Your grace, use me as an instrument of peace to reach out to unbelievers. The new eyes You have given me will look past their sin and see the person You created them to be. You know everything we have done, said, and thought, and yet accept, redeem and forgive us.

Unnoticed unhealthy people all around me are dying for the gift of friendship. Like Matthew, I will lay aside my reputation and invite them to my home for dinner. I will find common ground with them. In my home, Your healing balm will touch and transform them into a unique work of art for Your purpose and pleasure.

Father, forgive me for making this life a popularity contest. It is not about ME. It’s all about YOU. Please show me who needs a miracle makeover today and I will obediently reach out to them in the spirit of friendship because of Jesus. Amen.

Invite a nonbeliever into the core of your life today. Be courteous and authentic to them. Spend frequent time with them. Allow the Master to touch them through you.

No comments: