Monday, April 18, 2005

Col. 4: 5-6

5Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. NLT

Col. 3: 12-17
12Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

16Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father. NLT

Holy God~
Thank you for showing me the way to eternal life. I now have the responsibility to show others the way. When You brought the message to me it was not only with words but also with power. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead gave me full assurance of my salvation. Assure of the facts, I will confidently let people know what I believe when I tell my story.


Everything I do and say is a witness for or against You. People every where are watching me, waiting for my response. Before I go out of the house each day, please dress me in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Clothe me with an even-temper and quickness to forgive. Never allow me to leave home without wearing LOVE or tucking peace in the pocket of my heart.

Walking hand-in-hand with my brothers and sisters, I will appreciate the family You have given me. I will praise, encourage, and respect them. Open my mind to Your holy Word spoken to me through older and wiser siblings. I will use their experiences to make sensible choices. Whatever I do or say, let it be as a representative of Your family. I want to please and honor You.

Help me to make the most of every opportunity. People will die today not knowing the way to eternal life. I have the answer. Give me faith to share it. Because You have shown me the true meaning of love, I will graciously, tenderly, and effectively show it to others. For the cause of Jesus … Amen.

Will anyone be in heaven because of you?

No comments: