Friday, April 29, 2005

Eph 2:4

Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. NLT

Romans 2: 1-4 1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? NIV

Father God-
Thank You for being mercifully patient with me despite my multitude of sins. I am not worthy of Your forgiveness, yet You graciously pardon me. Please anoint me with priceless patience to be tender and tolerant with my brothers and sisters who argue, aggravate, and annoy me. Often the sins I notice in others are the ones that have taken root in my own life in a more socially acceptable form. Sin is sin and all sin requires Your grace. Since You showed love to me while I was still a sinner, I will reciprocate by letting mercy guide my response.

You alone are the righteous judge with authority to determine truth. In the throne room of grace, You examine hearts and minds. There, my sins are overlooked by Your abundant mercy and forgiveness. Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere! Forgive me for passing judgement. The riches of Your long suffering is my salvation. Thank You Jesus!
I will look for Your presence and believe You will win the battle for me. Leaning on the mind of Christ and not relying on my own understanding, I will lay aside human weapons that kill spirits. Protected by the full armor of God, I will use the powerful weapons of prayer and forgiveness to win spiritual battles in our family.

Father, in this family, as in my earthly family, we will not always agree, but we can still get along. We can live together harmoniously despite our differences when we are of one mind, united in thought and purpose. Please just give us more patience to love one another for Your namesake. Amen.

How can you become more patient with the people in your life?

No comments: