Wednesday, April 13, 2005

1 John 4: 19-20

19We love each other as a result of his loving us first. 20If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen? NLT

Father,
Thank you for teaching me biblical love. Your love is so incredible and divine. Teach me to understand it so that I can adapt and apply it to my brothers and sisters. Give me the power to set aside my own needs in order to meet the needs of others. Forgive me for judging people according to their appearances. Help me to see the unattractive, unfriendly, and undesirable with heavenly eyes. We are all precious in Your sight. We are all sinners in need of a Savior. Not one of us is worthy to come into Your presence.


By Your grace, I will demonstrate my deep love for You by obeying Your Word. It is my heart’s desire to live a Christ-like life. Help me to grow in Your love, so that I can grow in love with others. Please give me more of Your Holy Spirit to love urgently, consistently, and expectantly because today could be my last chance. I love You, Lord and am committed to love like Jesus. For Your Namesake, Amen.

God is constantly placing people right in front of you so you can demonstrate love. Look for the opportunity today and act on it.

No comments: