Thursday, April 07, 2005

Matthew 17: 1-9

1After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters–one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. 7But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don't be afraid.” 8When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.

9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don't tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” NIV

Jesus, Son of God~
I love and adore you. You are more than a great leader and awesome teacher. You are the Son of God. All power and authority is yours. My only adequate response is to bow down and worship you in the beauty of your holiness.

I am like Peter. You invited him to be with you on the mountain, but he wasn't content unless he was busy doing something ... building you a shelter. So it is with me. You tell me to just be still and know that you are God. You invite me to come just as I am to worship you. But, like Peter I am not comfortable with silence and my natural response is to do something. Teach me dear Lord to come into your presence quietly. By your grace I will be quiet and listen. I revere you and respect you, Son of God.

Thank you for taking me with you to the top of the highest mountain. There, I have experienced awesome moments of wonder and have seen your glory and power. Away from the reality and problems of life, I do not want to leave. It is good to be there. Struggles await me in the valley. I do not like conflict. On the mountain with you, the enemy cannot come near me. You command me to "go and not be afraid." Out of fear and respect, I will bravely go to the valley to minister to others. I will go with your power and strength. Thank you that your Word is available to me. Help me dear Lord, grasp the truth so that I can be a powerful witness in the valley. God, please show me people who need Jesus. I will testify to the glory of the Son of God because of my mountain top experiences. Amen.

Have you seen God's glory on the mountain top? If so, take it into the valley and share it with someone today.

No comments: