Friday, April 15, 2005

1 Peter 2: 17

Love your brothers and sisters in God’s family. NCV

Eph 1: 3-8 3How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ. 4Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure.

6So we praise God for the wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son. 7He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven. 8He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. NLT (Emphasis mine)

Father God-
Thank you for loving, choosing, and adopting me into your family. I belong with You. Thank you for purchasing my freedom through the blood of your dearly loved Son. You are so rich in kindness! My sins are completely forgiven. Your mercy runs deeper than I can imagine. That you would accept a former pit dweller like me as your beloved child is beyond my comprehension.


In my rebellion, selfishness, and greed, I ran away from home and squandered my inheritance on worldly pleasures. Yet, when I came home hanging my head in shame, You accepted me with open arms just as I was – the dirt and stench telling of my escapades. You washed me and properly clothed me in a robe of righteousness for the party You threw in honor of my homecoming. You are a loving, devoted and merciful Father.

Here at home in my heart, please light the fire and tell me stories that teach me how to grow in spirit and earnestly love my brothers and sisters. Give us the wisdom and understanding necessary to trust, accept and serve one another. Help us develop healthy relationships, godly character, and important biblical values so that people will know we belong to Your royal family.

Father, when a lost sibling returns let us not be envious, bitter, or angry, but cheerfully join in the homecoming celebration! It is through your dear Son, the Prince of Peace I pray. Amen.

How devoted are you to your brothers and sisters in Christ?

No comments: