Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Phil 1: 27

27Above all else, you must live in a way that brings honor to the good news about Christ. … you are working together and struggling side by side to get others to believe the good news. CEV

Luke 10: 1-3
1After this the Lord … sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you..." NIV

Jesus-
You are such an awesome teacher! I marvel at the way You teach me each day as I take time to sit at Your feet. Thank you that I am not called to "go" alone. You send companions with me in the work of the gospel. You have shown me that two are better than one. We can provide strength and encouragement to one another. We can pick each other up after a fall. We can protect and hold one another accountable. As a team who has witnessed Your miracles, our testimony is more powerful. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.


The harvest is right here in my community. Please dear Lord, help me to mobilize a prayer team and send other faithful disciples to join me in reaching out to my unsaved neighbors. May they see Jesus in me through my words and actions. I trust You for an abundantly fruitful harvest because of Jesus. Amen.

Who is ripe for picking among your family and friends? Ask your brothers and sisters to begin praying for them. Think of a creative way to show them Jesus and pluck the fruit.

No comments: