Thursday, April 28, 2005

1 Peter 3:

all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds. (NLT)

Matthew 11: Jesus said, 29"Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle."(NLT)

Dear Father-
I rejoice that You have chosen me to live in Your holy place with all my Christian brothers and sisters. We will be filled with the good things of Your holy house when we love You and obey Your commands. In the safety of Your home, we can rest peacefully. Here in Your shelter, we are able to love the fear out of each other. We can comfort and confront, warm and warn, cherish and challenge within an atmosphere of supportive safety.


In the sanctuary of our hearts, Your Son teaches us to support each other with gentleness and humble minds. As He encourages us, we encourage one another. It is ok to have a bad day, be tired, admit our mistakes, confess our sins, share our fears, grieve our loss, acknowledge our frustrations, and declare our doubts. It is ok to be REAL in Your home.
In the protection of Your presence, we observe true humility. There we learn to appreciate our own value in Christ and recognize our unique purpose. Secure and assure, we can gladly celebrate the successes of others knowing that You bless each of us in different ways at different times.


Father, I will demonstrate a tender heart when I weep with those who weep. I will show a humble mind when I rejoice in the blessings of others as though they were my own. I will lend strength to my family by seeing them for what they can be, and not for what they appear to be now because I know by One gift You are making each of us perfect forever. Amen.

Whom can you support today with gentleness and a humble mind?

No comments: