Monday, July 31, 2006

Living Together Happily

Psalm 133
1 How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
2 It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron's beard,
down upon the collar of his robes.
3 It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.

Loving Lord and Prince of Peace,
Your Words are wonderful! They persuade me to live my life for You! There’s nothing more pleasant or beautiful than living in harmony with my Christian brothers and sisters.

Brotherly love is comforting, sweet perfume to the sick and sad soul. It’s expensive! I pay for it every time I give up my selfish desires. It’s well worth the high price because the delightful fragrance cheers my spirit as I pour out Your love. The rich, heavenly scent uplifts the thoughts of the recipient, flowing from their head to their heart. Please dear Lord, give me a gracious tongue to speak pleasantly and peacefully, lavishing love, like sweet perfume on my brothers and sisters today for the glory of Your name.

Your love is like cool moisture falling fresh on sin scorched souls. As I’m around my brothers and sisters, let me shower them with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-discipline. Let Your blessings fall like dew from heaven watering and reviving us to live happily ever after with You.

O Lord, I long for the prosperous blessings You generously give to those who live harmoniously in Your family. Please show me someone who is sick or sad today and I will lavish them with the sweet perfume of Your love. Show me someone whose soul is scorched by sin and I will mist them with mercy for the blessing of Your beautiful, majestic and holy name. Amen.

It is wonderful, but not always easy, to live harmoniously in the family of God. Find someone to lavish His love on today. Comfort someone who is sick or sad. Show mercy to someone who has hurt you. Encourage someone who’s discouraged. Be a blessing!

Today I will bless __________________________________ with God’s love.

I dedicate this Prayer Pal to my small group. I cherish these dear brothers and sisters with all my heart and I’m extremely thankful for the love, patience and kindness they show not only me, but also each other! They are living proof of good and pleasant living in the family of God.

No comments: