Friday, July 21, 2006

The Cleansing Fountain

Reflections from Psalm 51
10Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Have mercy on me O God, according to Your unfailing love and great compassion. Blot out my blemishes, wash away my wickedness, and cleanse me from corruption.

I know that I have broken Your sacred laws and blatantly disobeyed You. I know I’ve done bad things. They haunt me relentlessly. I’ve hurt others causing You pain and grief. I haven’t acted like the child of a King. I’ve been a rebellious brat since I was conceived.

Cleanse me in the refreshing fountain of forgiveness! Wash away the gunk and grime so that I’m whiter than the glistening snow. Hide Your face from the ugly stains marked by the consequences of my poor choices. The marks that won’t go away are embarrassing. Please don’t pay attention to them.

Create in me a pure heart, O God by cleansing me from the inside out. Renew a steadfast spirit within me. Fill me with wholesome thoughts and desires. Please don’t cast me from Your presence! Don’t take Your power from me. I need it to live above my foolish faults and failures.

Sparkling in the Son shine I can hear joy and gladness again. I can come close to You and experience the rich full life as a child of the majestic, dignified King. Gladly, I will bring my friends to the refreshing fountain of forgiveness, praising You for Your righteousness along the way. Lord, please put a merry melody in my mind. Remove my guilt and shame so that I can sing a sweet song for You.

Build me up from my brokenness and make me prosperous in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Do you feel that you can’t come close to God because of something terrible you’ve done? God can and will forgive any sin if you tell Him about it. He will always cleanse you, but not always remove the stain. While a stain is clean; there is often a mark left behind from the sin.
David was truly sorry for his adultery with Bathseba, and for murdering her husband to cover it up. He knew his actions had hurt many people. He repented and God mercifully forgave him. No sin is too great to be forgiven.

Go to the refreshing fountain of forgiveness. Admit your sin, and it will be flushed away forever by the blood of Jesus.

No comments: