Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Family Gatherings

Hebrews 10:24-25
24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

High King of Heaven,
Thank You Lord, for my church family! I’m ecstatic for the opportunity we have to freely and regularly meet together to worship You. Forgive me for taking this great benefit for granted. Christians in many countries do not have this precious liberty. Because You have blessed me with this privilege I’ll willingly go out of my way to be helpful and kind to others any chance I get. It’s the least I can do to serve and honor You for rescuing me from death and destruction.

Because of Your amazing love, I’ll eagerly anticipate our regular family gatherings. Getting together to share our unique life stories honestly and openly is a wonderful way to worship You. It gives us the chance to persuade each other to persevere through problems. Noticing someone has strayed from the right path, we can gently lead them back with the light of love. When someone falls we can tenderly pick them up and wash their wounds. Not only do we encourage those who are hurting, but we also celebrate with those who are happy. When Your children gather together the fellowship should be delightful, like the aroma of sweet perfume.

Please dear Lord, teach me to be an imitator of Your love. Fill me to overflowing with Your merciful patience, kindness and goodness so that You splash out of me onto others. The day is quickly approaching when You will return. I want nothing more than for You to find us living harmoniously, blessing and praising Your glorious name despite our differences! Amen.


What is one way you can urge other believers on toward loving God and each other?


What is one way you can encourage other believers on toward good deeds?

No comments: