Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Refiner's Fire

Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me … Melt me

Malachi 3: 2, 3
He will be like a blazing fire that refines metal or like a strong soap that whitens clothes. 3He will sit and judge like a refiner of silver, watching closely as the dross is burned away. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold or silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the LORD. NLT

Living God,
Almighty Lord, You are the greatest Refiner in the world. Let Your Spirit fall on me and melt me. Although the process is excruciatingly painful, the result is gloriously beautiful. As I melt under the intense flame of the Holy Spirit, You skim off my impurities that rise to the surface. Only purity and holiness remain. Cleanse me with the blazing fire of my afflictions. Separate me from the corruption that renders me worthless and useless. With the dross removed, Your reflection appears in the smooth, pure surface of my soul. Others see it shining through.


Thank You Lord for the perfection process. Because of Your unfailing love and compassion, the melting procedure will not consume me. I will look with hope to my fabulous future when I am perfect in Christ Jesus. Show me Your ways. Teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth. You are my Perfect Savior. I long to be holy, like You. Fall on me. Melt me for Your name sake. Amen.

Are you willing to surrender yourself to the Refiner’s fire?

No comments: