Monday, July 03, 2006

Guard Your Heart

Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the … breastplate of righteousness in place.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 Peter 2:21-25
21To this You were called, because Christ suffered for You, leaving You an example, that You should follow in his steps.

22"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds You have been healed. 25For You were like sheep going astray, but now You have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of Your souls.

Righteous God~
You are my Shepherd and the Overseer of my soul. Holy and awesome is Your name! I praise You with all my heart for Your wonderful works. It is a delight to think about them. They are glorious and magnificent! Your righteousness endures forever! It is the foundation of Your throne

I am unfit to approach Your holy throne. My righteousness is nothing more than torn and tattered rags. Bare naked and disgraced, I have nothing to offer You but my hollow heart. Humiliated and ashamed of my rotten rags, by faith, I gratefully accept the costly robe of righteousness You freely offer me. Bought with the blood of Jesus, it has immeasurable worth! It truly is the greatest transaction of all time. I give You nothing and You give me amazing grace! Your deeds are great!

The glorious and magnificent robe, protects my heart and covers my shame enabling me to stand firmer and taller before the adversary. Clothed and unashamed, I will show compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience even to the inconsiderate, unkind, proud, abrasive, and impatient. Zipped with love, I will forgive those who hurl insults at me, as You have forgiven me. Even when the pain is excruciating, I will follow Your example and exercise self-control. You are the Perfect Example of righteousness. With the robe of righteousness in place, I will follow in Your footsteps. By Your grace, I will seek to live a holy life so rivers of blessings will flow through me for Your name sake. Amen.

Gratefully exchange your shameful sack of sin for the radiant robe of righteousness freely offered to you by Christ Jesus. Praise Him that you can appear holy, blameless and pure!

To put on righteousness, choose to follow Jesus. He is righteousness. Put Him on your heart first each day by spending time in His Word, and He will protect you from the father of lies today. This too will help you demolish the stronghold of sin and temptation and make your thoughts holy, pure, and obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

No comments: