Friday, July 14, 2006

God's Love Language

John 14:21
Jesus said, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."


Jesus, You are the Lover of my Soul!
My heart leaps for joy at the sound of Your Voice! Your Words are more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. You disclose to me the deepest desires of my heart. Motivated by love, I long to please you, live in the prosperity of Your presence, and experience Your unlimited power. In loving responsiveness, I want to walk in Your way, forging an intimate, everlasting friendship with You.


Please dear Lord, give me the faith of Abraham who heard Your voice and obeyed, even when it didn’t make sense. You loved him, revealed Yourself to him, and called him Your friend. Jesus, I want nothing more than that kind of relationship with You. I want to be Your friend!

Today, as hard as it may be, I surrender my life to Your good, pleasing and perfect will. I willingly abandon my spouse, children, hobbies, career, dreams, and treasures, no matter where they came from or how they affect my life, in order to accomplish Your great commission. Intentionally, I’ll forget the past, leave the future in Your hands, and give the present completely to You. Full of Your amazing love, I’ll recognize Your eternal plan for me and joyfully respond with obedience.

Please increase my faith so that I can experience in a mighty way the realization of Your promised love to those who obey You. Amen.

What do your actions tell about your friendship with God or lack thereof?

Here are two more ways you can tell if you are a friend of God:

We have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 1 John 3: 21b – 22

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 1 John 2:3

He speaks - I obey
I pray - He answers
Obedience is God’s love language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just you're Ausie fan here letting you know I’m still dedicated and loving every devotion you write. it is like i thirst and God fulfils me through my prayer and devotions of which your daily wisdom consistently contributes. Hope prayer pal expansion is on it's way... I’m sure God is doing this gradually and pray His patience and love continue always to comfort, fulfil & Guide you. You’re awesome sister!