Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Be An Instrument Peace

Ephesians 6:14-15
Stand firm … with Your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Matthew 5:9
Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God."

O God of Love and King of Peace~
I come before You with a humble and contrite heart seeking the blessing of Your beloved child. I want to climb the mountain and stand in Your holy place. Wash my feet and fit them with a good pair of walking shoes for the journey. I will then take Your outstretched hand and begin walking boldly in faith. Together we will spread the Good News about the Gospel of Peace. Satan wants me to believe that telling others the Good News is hopeless and worthless. As I power walk with You, make me an instrument of Your peace.


I want to know You more intimately and deeply day by day so that I can administer peace to a broken and hurting world. As I come to You in Bible Study and prayer, in obedience and fully surrendered, please fill my life with more of You and Your holy, just and perfect love. You are love! Fill me O God, with so much love that it will overflow into the world in which I live, work and play. Help me, dear Lord, to focus on my relationship with You rather than my relationship with people. Then Your love will naturally flow out of me and into every person I encounter. I will naturally be an instrument of Your peace.

Please, dear Lord, bless my beautiful feet as I faithfully love the people You’ve put in my life. Thank You God for giving me Jesus and making His love complete in me. Thank You for Your laws. Let me carefully, deliberately, and intentionally obey them so that a wicked watching world will see Your beautiful love and peace shining through me because of Jesus, the Lover of Peace, Jehovah Shalom. Amen.

Who can you share God's peace with today? Put on your walking shoes and go, be an instrument of peace!

Where there is hatred, I will show Your love.
Where there is injury I will never judge.
Where there is striving, I will speak Your peace
to the people crying for release.
Where there is blindness I will pray for sight.
Where there is darkness I will shine Your light.
Where there is sadness I will bear their grief.
I will be Your instrument of peace.
Prayer of St. Francis

No comments: