Thursday, July 20, 2006

Healing Hearts

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jehovah-rapha, Healing Lord,
How great You are! There is no Doctor like You in heaven or on earth! You compassionately and lovingly take care of Your patients who pursue You with all their heart. Thank You God for my heart transplant. Through intricate surgery, You made a Most Holy Place in my heart for Your Name. When my heart was open, You placed Your sacred laws in me. God, I rejoice that You will dwell there forever.


Divine Doctor, as I spend time with You this week, examine my heart. Find the diseases that are devouring me. Make a diagnosis. Open my mind to receive it with acceptance. Then, let the medication of Your glory fill my sad soul. Breathe new life into me. Resuscitate me and I will follow Your prescription for healing:

  • Humbly, I will admit that I am sick and sad in need of Your care.
  • Prayerfully, I will ask You to wash my wounds and heal my hurts.
  • Continually, I will seek Your advice by spending time in Your Word, the Holy Bible.
  • Daily, I will bring my afflictions, addictions and attractions to You.
Then, You will hear my cries from heaven and cure me. You will heal me because of Your wonderful name, Jehovah-rapha, the Lord Who Heals. Thank You for the blessing of healing grace given to Your beloved friends! I am eternally grateful because of Jesus. Amen.

What sickness is hindering your friendship with God? It could be spiritual - a sin that you need to confess; physical - a difficult diagnosis; emotional - a painful situation that’s hurting your heart; mental – a lie that you’re believing in your mind; or social - a broken relationship with a family member or friend.

He tells you exactly what to do to restore your friendship with Him.
  • Humble yourself and admit your weakness.
  • Pray, telling Him what ails you. Ask others to pray for you and with you.
  • Seek His face by spending time in His presence. Read your Bible.
Will you obey? If you obey, He promises to hear from heaven and heal your disease.

No comments: