Friday, July 07, 2006

Worship the Lord

Psalm 100
1 Shout for joy to the LORD , all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Father God, I worship You with gladness and wholehearted devotion. You are the sweet Song in my heart. I know, with confident assurance, that You are GOD, my creator, Elohim. I rejoice because You uniquely designed me and I belong to You. I know You, hear Your voice and follow You. A dependable provider, You lead me to green pastures where I can graze on Your Word until my heart’s content. You guide me to steams of living water in my Bible, where I can drink until I’m satisfied. A reliable protector, You defend me from the wolves of sin and temptation that hound me.

Father, I willingly enter the gate and come into Your presence with a thankful heart and praise on my lips. You're my Good Shepherd. Strong and mighty, You're always with me, Emmanuel. I gratefully adore You for Your goodness, love and faithfulness. Your name is Wonderful! Your love delightful! Your faithfulness is infinite! I'm constantly praising You because of Jesus, my Savior, Redeemer and Friend. Amen

Prepare your heart for corporate worship this weekend, by pondering God’s goodness. Make a list of five blessings you received this week. Carry it with you when you go to church. Before the service starts, reflect on your blessings, thank God for each one and offer them to Him as a sacrifice praise!

I’m blessed and thank God for:
  1. The USA where I’m free to worship Him openly – July 4th was Independence Day
  2. Rest, relaxation and refreshment – I was on vacation this week
  3. Precious time with my family – picnics, pleasure, and play time
  4. Friends – I had breakfast with a girlfriend yesterday, dinner with another last night, and quality time with Jesus, my Best Friend in between!
  5. The beautiful flowers in my garden – especially for the surprise sunflower that poked its pretty face through this week. A squirrel, digging in my pot this spring, planted it. At the time, I wasn’t very happy with him … but now I’m tickled with the treasure he left me!

No comments: