Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Just Thinking About the Lord


Psalm 16:8-11
I am always thinking of the Lord;
And because he is so near, I never need to stumble or fall.
Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy.
For you will not leave me among the dead,
You will not allow your beloved one to rot in the grave
You have let me experience the joys of life
And the exquisite pleasures of your own eternal presence. The Book

My Dear Friend,
You are my Lord! You light up my life, making my heart happy. O how I need you every minute of every day! You are absolutely precious to me! I’m constantly thinking of You. It keeps me out of trouble and away from temptation.

My problems and pressures turn to joy when I think about Your deep love for me. You love me so much that You died saving me from destruction and death while I was a hateful, hostile and hard-hearted enemy. Not only that, but You came back to life and chose to live in my heart! Since You’ve moved in, my life hasn’t been the same. The crud and cob webs are gone. You polished me with loving kindness and now I sparkle. I’m no longer lonely, hungry or thirsty. You’re my Provider and Best Friend! Your powerful presence is my protection. I’ve finally found peace and contentment – the exquisite pleasures of Your eternal presence living in me.

You fill my heart, body and soul with pure joy! I smile just thinking about the future You promise me! All around me are beautiful mansions. When I wish I could live in one of them, Your remind me that they pale in comparison to the palace You promise me in Paradise. I look forward with hope to the day when my sorrows and pain will cease and I’ll live happily ever with You in the beauty of heavenly holiness.

Please dear Lord, let me glow with delight from the joy of Your presence living in me because of Jesus. Amen.

Who are you thinking about today? If you think about the Lord, He promises:
-You will never stumble and fall
-You will be filled with joy
-He won’t leave you among the dead, rotting in a grave
-You’re His beloved one
-You will experience the exquisite pleasure of His eternal presence

Just thinking about my friendship with God excites me! Why He would befriend a sinner like me, is beyond my understanding. I’m choosing to believe Him and accept the cherished gift of His friendship because of Jesus! May the smile on my face reflect the joy in my heart, O Lord, because I am Your beloved friend!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

No comments: