Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Am a Friend of God

Psalm 25:14
Friendship with the LORD is reserved for those who fear him. With them he shares the secrets of his covenant. NLT

Living and Loving God,
In awe of Your greatness, I marvel at the affection You show me. Thank You for giving me the key to Your friendship.


While You are altogether perfect and pure, I’m completely crushed and cruddy. Humbly, I come to You with my broken and contrite heart. You carefully pick up and save the pieces of my life shattered by sin. Meticulously, You fix me with the bond of Your redeeming blood. Gently, You immerse me in the sparkling Living Water of Your Word, scrubbing away the scum until I glitter and glisten with Your glory. Fixed and flushed, You fill me with Your powerful purifying presence, making me fit to be Your dearly beloved friend.

I can’t wait to hear Your Voice. You’re my Prayer Pal! When I call out to You in prayer, You always answer. Trusting You, I open my Bible and You clearly speak to me. You show me Your thoughts and plans. You give me wisdom and knowledge to understand Your unfamiliar and mysterious ways. Respectfully, I listen to Your wise counsel and commands. Looking up to You, I believe every Word You say. I want to please and obey You. Impressed with who You are, I don’t want to desecrate Your name or berate Your reputation. You are Holy God and I am merely a sinner in need of grace!

Because I honor and respect You, You invite me to come be with You, just as I am. Beside the warm fire in my heart, You share with me Your secrets and promises. I’m consumed by Your persistent love for me. You never lose Your patience! You’re always kind and forever faithful! Gently, You take my hand and guide me to Your hidden treasure. O the irresistible joy that fills my heart when I see all the riches You have for me! I just want to stay near You! I never want to break away from this sweet fellowship! I am tickled that You have chosen to confide in me! I am Your beloved friend because of Jesus! Hallelujah! Amen!

Wow – what a promise! God guarantees us His friendship when we love and respect Him! Friendship with a Holy God is almost unimaginable! It’s the most valuable gift we’ll ever receive when we choose to believe Him!

If you haven’t accepted God’s priceless gift of friendship, I encourage you to go to Him in prayer. Give Him your sin shattered life and tell Him you want to be His lifelong companion. Then, spend time cultivating the relationship by reading Your Bible, praying, and fellowshipping with His other friends. Obey Him and He will fill you with overwhelming joy!

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command." John 15:14

No comments: