Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Perfect Pot

Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me ... Melt me, Mold me ...

Jeremiah 18: 1- 6
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD . "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand."

Living God,
You are the Perfect Potter. I am clay in Your hands. Let Your Spirit fall on me. Mold me into a treasured vessel You can use. Keep my heart soft and pliable. I want to be responsive to Your touch of greatness.


Father, into Your hands I go! Crush me. Shape me. Infuse me with grace. Cover all my defects and imperfections with Your gentle hands of mercy. Willingly and receptively I surrender myself to You. Please make me a valuable container to hold more of Jesus. Conform me into an instrument that is holy, blameless, and pure.

In the hands of my Perfect Potter, I will mold into the Perfect Pot. Just let Your Spirit fall on me, making me more flexible for Your glory. Amen

Are you willing to allow the Potter to crush you and mold you even if it requires major sacrifices?

No comments: