Friday, June 30, 2006

Watch and Pray

Ephesians 6:18-20
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Matthew 26:41
Jesus said, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

My Dear King~
I confidently come to Your holy temple, to the heavenly throne to receive mercy and find comfort in my time of need. I come with reverence because You are my King. You hear my voice and answer. You are my wise Counselor and Best Friend. Forgive me for watering down my true feelings and not telling You the whole truth. You love when I share my heart openly, honestly and sincerely. When I cannot find the words to say, You hear my silence.


Like a loving Father, You know the weaknesses that lead me into temptation. I climb up into the high and holy fort where I watch for the enemy to sneak up on me. From my safe tower, I shoot a prayer heavenward. Boldly, I ask for more faith to believe, and more power to receive. Surrendered to Your authority, You defend me every time. In Your strength, I defeat the power of sin and temptation. The impossible is suddenly possible.

Triumphantly, I claim the peace prize to guard my heart and mind. With peace oozing from my heart, the words flowing from my mouth will naturally spread Good News of Your great love. By Your grace, I will be more joyful in the hope of my salvation, more patient in my affliction and more faithful in prayer. Then I will claim the final victory for Your name sake. Amen.

Prayer is a powerful weapon. Do you use it to fight the enemy of sin and temptation? Try it! Jesus commands it.

Add prayer to the tools God gives you to combat the enemy. It's useful for demolishing the stronghold of sin and temptation. Help make your thoughts obedient to Christ - PRAY. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Next week I'll give you prayers for the remaining pieces of spiritual armor. I first wanted to focus on a few of the specific tools that will demolish the stronghold of sin and temptation, making our thoughts captive to Christ. God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise explanation of the issues.
It was really informative. Your website is extremely
helpful. Thank you for sharing!

Also visit my blog