Friday, June 24, 2005

Ps 92: 1-5

1 It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
2 to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
3 to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD;
I sing for joy at the works of your hands.
5 How great are your works,
O LORD, how profound your thoughts!

High and Eternal God~
You are holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come. Humbly and genuinely, I bow down to worship You in adoration. Before putting my feet on the floor in the morning I praise Your holy name and seek Your everlasting love. Before going to sleep at night, I remember Your faithfulness and goodness. In between, there’s a song in my heart for You because You are merciful and gracious to me.


I delight in worshipping You, not only on the Sabbath, but every day because You give me more than I deserve. I ought to have a hot seat in hell, but You have provided deluxe accommodations for me in heaven. I am not worthy to be in Your presence, yet You kindly speak to me and lavish me with love, comfort, and peace. When I come just as I am to worship You, You minister to my heart and bless me. You change me from the inside out.

In Your presence I am awestruck by the work of Your hands. A stream of tears trickles down my face as I marvel at Your saving grace! I gaze into Your eyes in wonder of Your beauty and majesty. There is none like You! Your perfect power, love and purity leaves me speechless. You are worthy of all my worship! You are worthy of all my praise! You are worthy O Lord, to receive glory, and honor and power because of Jesus. Amen.

You will find the treasure of worship when you intentionally focus on God, seek the Spirit’s power, and pursue truth. Ask for nothing but to see His face, and His face you will see! Slow down and prepare your heart for worship this Sunday.

No comments: