Thursday, June 09, 2005

2 Cor. 5: 6-11

Dear Friends-
I don't often share what is going on in my personal life, though many of my prayers reflect what is happening. As I type this Prayer Pal, my dad is dying. God laid these words on my heart this morning to comfort me. Many of the prayers that I've shared with you over the past months, have been my journey. Writing is a therapeutic way for me to express myself in good times and bad. The Prayer Pal service may be interrupted in the coming days and weeks until this is resolved. I will share as God makes a way.

2 Cor. 5: 5-11Therefore, we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith and not by sight ... so make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Heavenly Father-
Your Word whets my appetite and gives me a taste of what's ahead. Thank You for putting a little heaven in my heart. You are so good to me! Dreaming of what's to come puts a smile on my face. I will trade this cramped shack for a spacious mansion; my filthy rags for a robe of righteousness; my sorrows for joy; tears for laughter; my crown of shame for a crown of forgiveness; my sickness for wellness. This vision is the hope that keeps me going. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I can see it with my heart. I believe You because You are faithful and true. Therefore, I will keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart as I cheerfully love and serve others. Despite my current condition, I am anticipating the fabulous rewards that await me when I face You. I long to hear You say, "Well done my child." Until you call me home, please just give me a fuller vision of Your glory. Amen.

No comments: