Tuesday, June 14, 2005

John 11:1-6

1Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. 2This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair. 3So the sisters sent word to Jesus, "Lord, the one you love is sick."

4When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." 5Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.

6Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.

My Beloved Jesus- Thank You for loving my family as much as You loved Mary, Martha and Lazarus. Hopeless and helpless, I plead with You, "Please do something! The one we love is sick! Help us! Make our loved one well."

Tenderly, You assure me this sickness will not end in death. I believe You! Good will come out of our bad situation. You've already been glorified. As I trust in You alone, I am able to soar like an eagle through the storm. Your power and grace are sufficient to meet my need.

Help me to focus on the big picture of what You are doing in my life through disease, death and despair. The goal is not for my loved one to be healed, healthy or happy, but to be satisfied only when You are glorified. Please bless me as I wait patiently in Your presence. Your timing is perfect. Use this experience to increase my faith. Keep Your strong hand on me. After the storm, the sun will shine through to warm my heart with radiant love. Hear my prayer in Jesus name. Amen.

Who do you know that is sick - physically or spiritually? Go to the Lord on their behalf. Then, open your spiritual eyes and wait for His glorious blessing. If your loved one is a follower of Jesus, it will not end in death, but everlasting life. Praise God!

No comments: