Friday, June 17, 2005

Ps 30: 11-12

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

I exalt You, O Lord. You lifted me out of the depths of despair. I called to You for help and You healed my loved one. You brought him up from the grave and spared him from death. You were merciful to me! How can I ever thank You for pouring out Your favor on my family? By claiming Your promises and relying on Your power and faithfulness I have seen Your awesome glory! You turned my wailing into dancing! You removed my sad sack cloth and clothed me in the joy of Your salvation. My heart cannot remain silent! I will sing of Your love forever! I will tell of Your wonderful work and marvelous mercy. To You be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

If you focus on Jesus and the joy of your salvation, He will turn your wailing into dancing too.
My dad has stabilized. It is a miracle that he survived through the night on June 08. This is the second medical miracle God has given him. He is still very sick. We do not know for sure that he has terminal cancer, but the doctors are assuming it. He is too weak to endure tests to confirm it, and would be too frail to undergo any kind of treatment. My family was blessed to have five years with him beyond what the doctors expected. We don't know what the future holds. We hope he will be completely restored. If not, our hope is in our salvation. I am thankful for the gift of his life, and the love he has lavished on our family. It is a privilege to be known as his beloved daughter. Thanks for sharing my pain.

No comments: