Monday, June 13, 2005

Jer. 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Matt 26: 42 Jesus prayed, " My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may Your will be done."

My Father in Heaven-
Holy is Your name. I come to You today with a heavy heart for my loved ones who are sick and suffering. I am hopeless, helpless, and heartbroken. If there is no other way and my loved ones must suffer, may Your will be done.


You have a predetermined plan for us. It is Your desire to prosper us with spiritual blessing and an enormous heavenly inheritance. It will delight You to crown us heir to Your royal throne. You have a glorious room prepared for each one of us in Paradise where there will be no more tears or pain. There, we will dance with the celestial angels and sing holy is the Lamb. We will worship and adore You forever. Knowing the riches that await us, does not make it any easier to let our loved ones go. It is hard to pack up the dreams You’ve planted in the fertile soil of our hearts. I cannot believe the hopes You’ve granted mean a chapter in my life is through.

Lord, please permanently glue vibrant, living color memories in the photo gallery of my heart and mind. Though it’s hard to let go and surrender the ones I love into Your gentle loving hands, I have complete assurance that we will meet again someday in the Holy City. I am glad that friends are friends forever when You’re the Lord of them. Disease, death, and distance cannot permanently separate us.

With the faith and love that spring from my heavenly hope, I will live in the joy of our salvation. Please dear Lord, give me joy and peace today as I release the cup of my loved ones to You. Give me the power to trust You with all of my heart and lean not on my own understanding. With my eyes of faith focused on You, my tragedy will turn into victory. I will see beyond my Calvary and I will be complete in You.

May Your will be done and Your glorious plan complete in the name of Jesus. Amen

There is safety in the center of God’s will. He will comfort and protect us. He will flood us with peace in His presence. Although bad things happen, I am confident they are for my good and His glory. The following song by Michael W. Smith gave me hope when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer five years ago. It inspired me to write this Prayer Pal for him, and the Zook family. Is there someone you need to release to the ever-loving hands of the Father?

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can’t believe the hopes he’s granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem
You’ve gone’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the lord’s the lord of them
And a friend will not say never’cause the welcome will not end
Though it’s hard to let you go
In the father’s hands we know
That a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love god’s given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you’ll live in
Is the strength that now you show
But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem you’ve gone’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

No comments: