Tuesday, June 21, 2005

John 9: 1-3

1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

Holy God~
You are a loving Father. You are also a holy and righteous judge. I am a stubborn sinner who deserves nothing short of a death sentence. Because You are merciful and kind, my sins have been absolved. Hallelujah! I am forgiven. All of my sins have been erased from Your memory! I am free! At the cross, through the death of Your son, I am acquitted. That is something to celebrate! I am glad that I am not held accountable for my parent’s sins either. I praise You God for Your amazing grace!


This sickness and suffering has happened so that Your work might be displayed in my life. My affliction is an opportunity for You to be glorified. Use it as a platform to display Your power and grace to a watching world. No matter how tired, hurt, sick, frustrated, or busy I am, please help me to keep on smiling and respond with patience and kindness so that those around me will sit up and notice Jesus in me. No matter how lousy I feel, give me a cheerful heart and a desire to continue serving others in love. Let my heartache be a lustrous showcase to display the precious jewels of Your character that are reflected in me. Please dear Lord, let me sparkle through the sadness, so that others will see the joy of my salvation and be blessed for Your name sake. Amen.

Celebrate that your sins are completely forgiven at the foot of the cross! Thank God for the challenges you face because they are opportunities for him to showcase his masterpiece.

No comments: