Monday, June 27, 2005

The Journey's Over

Jesus took my beloved dad's hand on Saturday morning and walked him into his heavenly home.

Rev. 7:9-17
9After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white and held palm branches in their hands. 10And they were shouting with a mighty shout, "Salvation comes from our God on the throne and from the Lamb!"

11And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living beings. And they fell face down before the throne and worshiped God. 12They said,

"Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength
belong to our God forever and forever. Amen!"

13Then one of the twenty-four elders asked me, "Who are these who are clothed in white? Where do they come from?"

14And I said to him, "Sir, you are the one who knows."

Then he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them white. 15That is why they are standing in front of the throne of God, serving him day and night in his Temple. And he who sits on the throne will live among them and shelter them. 16They will never again be hungry or thirsty, and they will be fully protected from the scorching noontime heat. 17For the Lamb who stands in front of the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to the springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe away all their tears." NLT

Holy God~
Salvation belongs to You and You alone. You sit on a radiant throne surrounded by glorious angels. Thank You for taking my loved one’s hand, eagerly opening the door to Your heavenly home and welcoming him with shouts of acclamation. I can only imagine the indescribable joy that filled his heart when he fell at Your nail-pierced feet in humble adoration, proclaiming, "My God how great thou art!"

Thank you for exchanging his sack of sickness for a pure white robe of righteousness washed by the blood of the Lamb. Safely delivered from his tribulations, he will live and serve You forever for the praise and glory of his beloved Jesus. What an honor and privilege, to serve you day and night!

I praise and exalt You for Your blessed relief. The pain is forever gone! His mouth will never be parched again. You will lead him to refreshing springs of living water. You are a tender loving Father. Please wipe away the tears from his eyes and fill his heart with cheer as he receives the long awaited rewards You promise.

I will miss him terribly and wish I could run away from the pain of grief, loss and sorrow. I am worn down, crushed in spirit, and broken hearted. Yet, I have never been closer to You. In the firm grip of Your grace, I have found sufficient comfort. I rejoice and celebrate that my love one is finally at home with You because of Jesus. Amen

No comments: