Friday, November 11, 2005

Romans 1:16-17

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed.

Jesus, You are an Amazing Author, Wonderful Writer, and Super Storyteller. You have written the brilliant biography of my life. It’s a fantastic novel of drama, power, romance, and intrigue – all the stuff of best-selling books. I love to tell my story of Your extravagant love!
You found me in my pathetic condition and called me by name to come forward. I was crippled and bent over from humiliation, shame, and rejection. I could not stand up straight for many years. My back ached horribly. I was dirty and smelly because I could not clean myself properly. I was helpless! In Your gracious, compassionate, rich love You focused on me, and fixed me. You mysteriously cured and restored me. You washed me with Living Water and purified me.

The story doesn’t end there. It turns from a dramatic rescue, to a beautiful romance. After, You found me and fixed me, we fell passionately in love. A faithful lover, You’re true to all Your promises. You uphold me when I fall down. You lift me up when I’m weak. You supply my needs and satisfy the desires of my heart. You’re the lover of my soul. I’m deeply and eternally devoted to You. Because of Your incredible love for me I will live happily ever after in Your glorious kingdom!

I will proudly tell of the dramatic, life-changing power available to everyone who believes You. The intriguing story of my remarkable rescue and miracle makeover will lead others to Your everlasting kingdom for a touch of greatness. Please show me someone who needs to hear a marvelous love story today, and I will share mine with them for the praise of Your glory! Amen.

Spend some time today reflecting on your dramatic love story, and then share it someone who needs to hear about the extravagant love of Jesus.

Reflect on the words to the hymn I Love to Tell the Story.

No comments: