Wednesday, November 09, 2005

1 Peter 2:9-10

9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Isaiah 62:12
They will be called the Holy People,
the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
the City No Longer Deserted


High and Heavenly King,
Hearing Your Holy Word thrills my heart! It stirs my soul to hear you say:

  • I am chosen
  • I am royal
  • I am holy
  • I belong to You
  • I am redeemed
  • I am sought after
  • I am no longer abandoned

I praise You my Savior for finding me in the dark dungeon of despair. My Knight in Shining Armor, You rescued me and brought me out into the luminous light.
  • I was saturated in sin when You sought me.
  • I was chagrin with the crimson stain of shame when you chose me.
  • In my ripped rags, you made me royal.
  • My heart was hard and heavy when you made me holy.
  • Deep in debt, You redeemed me, purchasing me with the precious blood of Your Son.
  • I am jubilant that a broken, unbecoming being like me, would be belong to You!
I can’t keep quiet about my conversion! Your incredible mercy changed me. As a member of Your royal family, I am assigned to reign on earth to serve You. I must tell the inspiring story of my salvation and capture the curiosity of seeking souls. People all around me are in the same dark dungeon of despair that once detained me. They’ll die in there if I don’t rescue them for You. This is a mandatory mission! Urgently, I must go so that they will not perish in the poisonous pit of sin. Timing is running out. Please dear Lord, give me the stamina I need to accomplish Your great commission.


To You who loved me enough to seek me, chose me, redeem me, and make me holy – be the glory and power forever and ever. Amen.

Claim your God-given identity and go in the power of the Holy Spirit on the mandatory mission to save souls!

No comments: