Friday, November 18, 2005

Daniel 1: 3-4, 17, 19

3 Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, chief of his court officials, to bring in some of the Israelites from the royal family and the nobility- 4 young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king's palace. He was to teach them the language and literature of the Babylonians.

17 To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.

19 The king talked with them, and he found none equal to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king's service.

Most High King of Heaven,
You have chosen and adopted me into Your royal family. Because You have made me righteous, I have no defects. All of my deformities were made perfect at the foot of the cross. The ashes of my sin were made into beauty. You have lavished me with wisdom and understanding to know the mysteries of Your good, pleasing and perfect will. I am qualified to serve You, my high and heavenly King.

This world is not my home. My home is in heaven. Like Daniel, I am a foreigner in an unfamiliar place. The language I speak is uncommon here. The literature I’m familiar with is unavailable. I must learn the language of my new community and adapt to their lifestyle.

You’ve brought me to these strange surroundings to spread the Good News that Your majestic kingdom is available to everyone who believes. I can only do that by earning the trust and respect of those who reside here. Give me the desire to be like Daniel. I need to go beyond the pleasant walls and protection of Your palace and immerse myself in their corrupt community. Clinging to my faith, trusting in Your power that is in me, I will infiltrate people with the truth about Your kingdom in their own language. When I clearly communicate with them, I will build bridges for them to come to You.

Please dear Lord, give me a heart to follow You beyond my perceived limitations. Give me extraordinary wisdom and knowledge to fluently learn a foreign language. Use me to connect Your kingdom in the community where I am wandering for the praise of Your glorious name. Amen.

Ask God to give you the wisdom, knowledge and courage of Daniel to boldly live out your life in your neighborhood. Find a non-church related group and begin interacting with them.

No comments: