Friday, November 04, 2005

Psalm 31:7-10, 14


7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.
8 You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.
9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.
10 My life is consumed by anguish
and my years by groaning;
my strength fails because of my affliction,
and my bones grow weak.
14 But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."


Jesus, What a fantastic friend You are! You share all my sins and sorrows. You’ve seen the trouble and temptation that terrorizes me. Scooping me up in Your strong arms, You surround my sad soul with Your love. You kindly carry me and set my feet on solid, spacious soil.

My head was a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears. Weak and weary from the weight of worry, my body and soul were withering away. I was dying from distress and despair. Sadness was smothering me. Misery and mourning drained my might. I was severely wounded and wasting away when You found me! Just like a faithful friend, You focused on me!
Compassionately, You conversed with me. Patiently and persistently, You persuaded me to persevere. Tenderly, You touched me, wiping every tear from my eyes.
Precious Savior, You are my God and my Friend! I am overjoyed because of Your everlasting love. Jesus, what a fantastic friend You are! I praise and adore You! I’ll love You ever more! Amen.
What a privilege it is to carry everything to God in prayer! What’s weighing you down today? Take it to the Lord in prayer.
I encourage you to find a hymnal and reflect on the lyrics to What a Friend We Have In Jesus.

No comments: