Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Romans 5:17
The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God's wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ. NLT

Matthew 1:19, 24
Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.

Holy Child,
You are the triumphant gift of righteousness given to me with love by my Father in Heaven. Sincerely sent when I was slick, slippery and slimy from sin, it was a surprise to receive such a splendid parcel. Naked, exposed and ashamed, I eagerly opened the box.

A soft smile curled from my lips when I saw the contents. There in the unadorned, wooden box, packed in straw was the most beautiful, elegant robe made by the most famous Designer of all time, You, Jesus. No amount of money could buy such a costly coat. Instantly, I tried it on to cover my shame. Admirably, it was just the right size! A perfect fit!

All I really want for Christmas is this beautiful robe of righteousness. Clothed and unashamed, I will stand up for what is right even when it’s painfully difficult. Wearing this gorgeous garment, bought with Your priceless blood, I will show Your glistening glory, gentleness and grace to the grumpy and grouchy. Zealously zipped with love, I will forgive my foes, as You have forgiven me. Even when the pain is excruciating, I will follow Your example and exercise self-control. You are the perfect example of righteousness and You are all I want this Christmas.

Please dear Lord, allow me to receive and open the unadorned box sent from heaven. By Your grace, I will take out the beautiful Designer Robe of Righteousness, Jesus, packed in straw, and bought with blood. Wearing it with humility, I will love and serve others for the honor and glory of Your righteous name. Amen.

The unadorned package has been sent to you. Don’t let it go unnoticed and unopened. Graciously receive the robe of righteousness and humbly wear it for the glory of the One who sincerely sent it.

No comments: