Monday, November 14, 2005

John 14:12-18

Jesus said, "12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

Truthful King~
I can hardly believe my ears! You promise that I will do even greater things than You did! That’s an overwhelming oath. I will go places Your feet never went. I will claim new territory for Your kingdom, captivating people for You. I will witness unbelievable miracles. How can that be? I am merely human. You are God and You are everywhere!


I’m thankful that You lay out the plan for me:

  • Believe what I say is true
  • Ask in my name
  • Obey
Working in Your power, with the Counselor, Comforter, and Helper living in my heart, I will have the strength to captivate my community, country, and world.

First, I must claim Your promise that I will do what You’ve been doing by saving lost souls. Then I must believe You when You say whatever I ask for in Your name You will do. And, finally, I need to believe that the Holy Spirit power lives in me, will never leave me, and will enable me to carry out the plan.

This sounds like a simple strategy. My Spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak. Please dear Lord, give me more faith to believe and claim Your precious promises. I want nothing more than to be fully committed to You and the work of Your kingdom. I want to accomplish great things for You, but first I need faith to believe in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Are you willing to follow God’s 3-step plan to bring lost and lonely people to His kingdom? Do you believe God? Do you love him enough to obey?

No comments: