Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Precious Prayer Pal-
Today and every day we have so many reasons to be thankful. I would encourage you to read, reflect, and respond to 1 Chronicles 16:7-36. In this praiseworthy psalm there are four elements of Thanksgiving: remembering what God has done, telling others about it, showing God’s glory to others, and offering gifts of time, talent and treasure. If you are truly thankful your life will show it![a]

Little did I think when I was writing the Prayer Pals for the past two weeks, that they were a sacrifice of thanksgiving. Today’s Prayer Pal is a summary of them, giving glory to God’s name. It will be the last Prayer Pal until Monday, November 28th. With a thankful, reflective heart, I encourage you to ponder two points each day for the next five days. You can read the original Prayer Pals in the archives of my blog.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Prayer Pal


1 Chronicles 16: 34-35
34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
35 Cry out, "Save us, O God our Savior;
gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name,
that we may glory in your praise."

Lord of Love,
I come to You with a thankful heart. You have been so good to me. Your love endures forever. With holy hands lifted heavenward, I offer a sacrifice of praise to Your holy name. You are …

  • Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. I am in awe of Your fine fingers that set the moon and stars in place, and me a little lower than them to serve You here on earth. The works of Your hands overwhelm me. I marvel at Your creativity and my responsibility.
  • My Rock & My Refuge, You are a perfect, powerful and prominent pinnacle of unimpeded protection. I sing a soft song in the safety of Your shelter.
  • Glorious River of Life, there’s perfect peace in Your pristine presence. Thank You for gushing over me, cleansing me, quenching me, reviving me. Surrounded by a steady stream of Living Water is sensational!
  • Prince of Peace, You came in shining armor to rescue me. Breathing a blessing of peace on me, You pampered my precious feet, fixing them in the fountain of forgiveness. Now I can dance joyfully to a sweet sonnet with my Savior, the Lover of my Soul.
  • Adonai, You are my Magnificent Master! I will glory in serving You with wholehearted devotion and look forward to living happily ever after with You, in the rich kingdom of heaven.
  • Amazing Author, Wonderful Writer, and Super Storyteller, You have written my brilliant biography. With love on my lips, I will never tire of telling the wonderful story of my dramatic rescue and recovery!
  • King of Compassion, show me the harassed and helpless hordes crying for release. I will follow You and do the things I see You doing to bring glory and honor to Your name.
  • Truthful King, I offer my life as a living sacrifice, fully committed and surrendered to You and the work of Your kingdom. I want to accomplish great things for You, but first, need faith to believe in Your Almighty Name.
  • King of the Savior’s Smorgasbord, I celebrate the never-ending feast You offer. From the bountiful buffet, I can eat all I want and be satisfied. Redemption, riches, and relationships. Forgiveness, friends, and fellowship. Salvation, security, and sympathy. Healing, honor and a hero. Love, life and laughter.
  • High and Heavenly King, I sing a merry melody to You who loved me enough to seek me, choose me, redeem me, and make me holy! To Your name be the glory and power forever and ever!
This Thanksgiving I will worship You with all that is within me, for all that You have done for me. If I have not a crumb to eat, nor a single friend, I will sing and celebrate because I have You, and You are all I need! I praise You, Most High King of Heaven – My Loving Father! Amen!

[a]Life Application Study Bible

No comments: