Monday, November 21, 2005

Matthew 5:10-12

Jesus said, "10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."

Glorious Lord~
My Master~
Adonai~
Thank You for the promise of bountiful blessing when I choose to do what is right to follow You.

  • The kingdom of heaven is mine!
  • Great is my reward in heaven!
  • Not now, but later ... eternally, forever!

I admit that I am fearful of harassment, criticism, and rejection. It frightens me to be tested, ridiculed and mocked. It scares me to be scorned, criticized, and misunderstood. I’m afraid of being spat upon and beaten. FEAR is the obstacle that hinders me from making right choices and sharing my faith.


I want to live a life pleasing to You. I desire the rich, abundant treasure You promise in heaven. It’s mine to keep forever! Breathe fresh power on me. I want to serve You, my Master, with wholehearted devotion. I want to diligently work the fields, plant the seeds, water the crop, weed the thorns, and reap the harvest for You. I want to conscientiously serve You even when the scorching summer sun is searing my soul, and the wicked winter winds are wildly whistling, "worry". I want to have the heart and resilience of beautiful Queen Esther who in the midst of her difficult circumstances said, "If I perish, I perish." (a)

I know how the story ends! If I thoroughly do my job, I will receive a fortune beyond my imagination when I arrive at my destination in the kingdom of heaven. People may think they’ve killed me, but when You call my name and I arise to claim my priceless prize, they will watch in bewildered wonder. Please give me a resilient Spirit so that I can focus on the end of the story and the riches of Your glory. Amen.

Claim the two promises: the kingdom of heaven, and a great reward. They are yours when you set aside your fears and labor for the Lord.

(a) Esther 4:16

No comments: