Monday, November 07, 2005

Psalm 62:5-8

5I wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
6He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
7My salvation and my honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
8O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge. NLT

A Mighty Fortress is My God! A Bulwark never failing! I peacefully wait in the presence of Your upright, unmovable, unshakable shelter. In the safety of Your infinite protection, I calmly, quietly, patiently sit until the scary storms to pass.

The temptation to abandon Your safe refuge can sneak up on me as a luring whisper of doubt in my despair. In my grief I will firmly grab Your almighty grip of grace. Prayerfully, I’ll pour out my heart to You. I will hear Your vibrant voice pronounce, "I am here. Take courage. Do not be afraid." In the clutch of compassion, at Your command, I will trust You. My hope is in You, the One and Only, Bulwark never failing. Amen.

Are you waiting in the never failing Bulwark of Almighty God for a scary storm to pass?

No comments: