Monday, November 28, 2005

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS PEACE

ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is the Prayer Pal theme this holiday season. It will focus on praising God for 20 very special gifts that only He can give. May the prayers of my heart resound in your heart at this special time of year.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.

John 14:27 Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Jesus, My Redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Thank You for the precious, priceless, perfect gift of peace. It’s mine when I choose to walk hand-in-hand, day-by-day, minute-by-minute trusting You. This world gives me trouble, turmoil and tribulations, but You leave me with the pleasant present of peace to guard my heart and mind. I unwrap it by:

  • Receiving it from You, my heavenly Father, who lovingly adopted and accepted me into the royal family of God, bestowing me with bountiful blessings.
  • Trusting the power of the Holy Spirit, the endless ribbon that securely ties the package of peace to my heart and mind.
  • Believing the Truth of Your Word, sincerely written by a devoted Father to his beloved child as a beautiful gift card.
  • Accepting You, God’s own dear Son, sent directly to me from the heart of my Father to pay the ultimate price for it.

Dear Lord, all I really want this Christmas is blessed quiet and holy peace to guard my heart and mind from the swirling storms of strife surrounding me. Supported by Your love, secured to the endless power source, I just want to trust Your promises, and enjoy the precious, priceless perfect gift of peace purchased specifically for me by You, Jesus, God’s own Son. Amen.

Unwrap the gift of peace: Receive it from the Father, trust in the ribbon of the Holy Spirit, believe the Words He’s written to You, and be thankful that Jesus paid the price for it.

Philippians 4:7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: