Thursday, September 29, 2005

Reflections from Psalm 116

Psalm 116: 15
The LORD's loved ones are precious to him; it grieves him when they die. NLT

Gracious God, Our Loving Father and King,

O how I love You! When I cried out to You for mercy, You attentively bent down and listened to my soft voice. Please hear the cries of Deb, Kyle and Katelyn. They have bravely starred death in the face. In their deep sorrow, lavish them with grace, righteousness, and compassion. Wipe away the hot tears that gently trickle down their tender faces. They are weary, wounded, and weak from their long journey through the valley of death. Capture them in Your loving arms, comfort them, and provide them with much needed rest. Shower them with blessings.

Dwayne is precious in Your sight. In his life and death You were glorified. He was truly a faithful servant. He fought the good fight and finished the race a winner. Because he kept the faith, You have lovingly welcomed him home. He is with You in Paradise. You’ve awarded him the grand prize, his crown of righteousness! We praise You Lord, for the gift of eternal life.

May Deb and the children grow spiritually because they have tasted the bitter brew of affliction. Now, please offer them a sip from the cup of sweet salvation. Let them gratefully savor Your goodness and faithfulness that follows bitterness. Fill their cups to the brim with Your luscious love so they can pour it out onto others. Please seal their hearts with peace and praise because of Your precious Son who offers us consolation and sweet salvation. God, I lift them to the throne of grace and ask You to touch them and comfort them, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

If you cry out to God in your despair, He will hear you and answer from heaven. Praise God for the gift of eternal life.

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day. 2 Timothy 4: 6-8

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11: 25-26

No comments: