Friday, September 02, 2005

1 Peter 1: 3-11

3As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! 4And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature.

5So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better.

6Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. 7Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. 8The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin.

10So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. 11And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. NLT

Righteous God,
My faith is precious! As I grow in my knowledge of You grace and peace are abundantly mine. Thank You!

Your divine power gives me everything I need to live a godly life that glorifies You. Thank You for Your many wonderful promises. They are valuable treasures for my heart and soul. When I believe You and claim them, I can escape corruption and temptation.

Day by day, I see more clearly that it is not enough to believe in You. I must KNOW You and BELIEVE You. When I apply Your promises to my heart and mind I can live a life of moral excellence. As I become more familiar with You and Your plan for my life, I will be able to exercise self-control. With an attitude of gratitude I will be able to cheerfully submit to the fiery trials of suffering. Persevering through pain will purify me, producing Christ-like characteristics in me. My troubles and tribulations will make me more tolerant of my brothers and sisters. Hard times will tender my heart to love the unlovable.

The more I learn and grow in my knowledge of You, the more useful I will be to You. Please open the eyes of my heart Lord! Remove the blinding scales of sin. I want to see You. I want to be like You.

I promise to work as hard as I can to learn more about You. Please show me until I clearly see. I want to prove to the weary and watching world around me that I belong to Your royal family. I am the child You chose and adopted. Let me live like it. When I do, You say I will never stumble and fall. I believe You.

I look forward with heavenly hope to a rich welcome into Your everlasting kingdom where my King reigns. I eagerly anticipate reigning there with You forever and ever because of Jesus. Amen.

Do you have a burning desire to know God? How much time will you spend with Him today?

No comments: