Thursday, September 08, 2005

Proverbs 18:10

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Isaiah 50:
10 Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God.

O God Most High~
You are my Protector. The hideous hounds of trouble, worry and fear harass me. The wicked wolves of corruption and temptation are right on my tail, ready to devour me. I’m exhausted, weak and can’t run any further! Help me run right into Your wide open arms. Catch me! Hide me in the shelter of Your glorious name where brutal beasts cannot besiege me.

In the safety of Your presence, teach me who You really are. By faith, I will believe You. Trusting in Your magnificent name, I will know where to run to escape the dastardly dogs of desire and discontentment that are badgering me. As I get to know You better, I will learn to fully rely on You, the One and Only true God, my Savior. Blessed be Your beautiful name forever and ever. Amen.

What trouble is chasing you? Who are you running to?

No comments: