Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Daniel 4: 34-35

Daniel 4: 34-35

34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.

His dominion is an eternal dominion;
his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

35 All the peoples of the earth
are regarded as nothing.
He does as he pleases
with the powers of heaven
and the peoples of the earth.
No one can hold back his hand
or say to him: "What have you done?"

El Elyon

God Most High

King of Heaven

Creator and Possessor the Universe

I praise, exalt and glorify Your holy name. You are sovereign. There are no gods like You in heaven or on earth. You are Most High. Ruler of everything! Everything belongs to You. You are in control of everything. Everything You do is right and fair, even though we may not see it that way. We are not capable of understanding the magnitude of Your greatness.

As I look with disbelief at the catastrophe of Katrina, I recognize that we are powerless. All power belongs to You. As a nation, we are proud of our riches. We are arrogant. We are haughty. We think we are mighty and indestructible. Those who walk in pride, You humble. The things we accumulate are gone in a flash. The rich have become poor. No one has anything.

From now on, I will try to trust You, El Elyon, to meet all my needs. I will do my best to surrender my life, my family and my future totally to Your care. As the rightful Owner of everything, possess me too. Take control of my life. Rule over everything I am and everything I do. Possessed by You, my faith will increase with every wondrous revelation You give me.

I want to believe that You are in absolute control of all things – hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes – all events and circumstances. I want to face the storms of life calmly, testifying, "My El Elyon has everything under control." Please reveal to me the mysteries of who You are. Restore to me honor and splendor for the glory of Your kingdom. Through the storms, make me greater than I ever was before. Be exalted O God above the heavens. Let Your glory be over all the earth forever and ever. Amen.

Who’s in control of your life? God Most High (El Elyon) or you? I encourage you to surrender everything to El Elyon so that when catastrophe strikes You will know and believe that He is in charge.

No comments: