Friday, September 09, 2005

Psalm 20:7

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Almighty God-
You are my One and Only true source of escape and protection. Forgive me for relying on chariots and horses: family and friends, money and materialism, desires and dreams for security.

In times of distress, I need to run right into Your all-sufficient strong arms. Rather than collapsing during crisis and conflict I can stand firm with You. When inadequacy and insecurity immobilize me I can aggressively look them in the eye and boast in Your powerful name! You are my God, strong and mighty! I want to have complete confidence in who You are so that I can trust in Your holy name.

When my heart is heavy and fear is settling in my soul I want to escape to the safety of Your presence. Because of Your unfailing love, You promise that I will stand firm. I believe you. I may lose my friends and family, money and materialism, desires and dreams but I will never, ever lose my relationship with You. Trusting You is my only hope and peace.

Assured of the saving power of Your strong right hand, I will rejoice in my salvation. In the shelter of Your protection I will celebrate victory by worshipping and praising Your wonderful name. To Your name be the glory and power forever! Amen.

Who or what are you placing your trust in?

No comments: