Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ecclesiastes 2: 10-11

10 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.
11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

El Elyon
You are Ruler of everything. God Most High. Divine Authority.
Thank You for the lessons we can learn from the wise King Solomon. He had it all – power, authority, prestige, money, success, wisdom, and knowledge – but in the end, he realized it was meaningless. Lord, I too pursue pleasure – often denying myself nothing my eye desires. I refuse my heart few pleasures.

I work hard with the wisdom, knowledge, and skill You’ve given me. You have greatly rewarded my efforts with the richest of blessings! However, I am not in control of it. I am powerless! I can now clearly see and understand that in a heart beat it could all be gone. A hurricane could destroy it. A fire could burn it. An earthquake could shatter it. Sickness could render it useless. An accident could end it all.

When I die I can’t take any of my possessions with me. Naked I came into the world and naked I’ll leave it. No matter how hard I work, I cannot catch the wind and hold it in my hands. It’s impossible. You direct my every step. Everything in my life is under Your control. My El Elyon is the only One who can can satisfy the deep longings and desires of my heart. Please possess me, Most High God! I am Yours, O Lord.

Help me Lord, to live my life on purpose in the present. I don’t want to look back some day and realize that I’ve wasted my life on meaningless activities. Please show me Lord, what is important to You. How do You want me to invest my time, energy and money in order to love You and serve others? Please give me more knowledge, wisdom and happiness as I live in Your Light. All I want is an everlasting portion of Your love and the blessings that come from living for You. You and You alone are my joy and righteousness. I need to know You more so that I can live a life pleasing to You. In the light of Your blessing I will gain everything under the Son. Amen.

What pleasures and treasures are you pursuing? If a natural disaster were to strike your home town today, how would you respond to the loss of them?

In light of the incredible loss from the hurricane, I encourage you to seek and understand the true meaning of life. Read, reflect and respond to Ecclesiastes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morgan Freeman Organizes Charity Cookbook
Proceeds for the book, scheduled to be published in 2006, will go to the Grenada Relief Fund, a charity Freeman helped set up after Hurricanes Ivan and Emily ravaged the small Caribbean island last year.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a how to become successful site/blog. It pretty much covers how to become successful related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)