Wednesday, September 14, 2005

John 7: 37-39

37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit…"

God of Wonders,
You are the Spirit of Living Water, the same Spirit who hovered over the shapeless earth in the beginning. You hover over me! Hovering over my heart, You prepare me to love You and serve others. Hovering over my mind, You prepare me to understand the Truth of Your Holy Word. Hovering over my will, You prepare me to make right choices that are pleasing to You. Hovering over me, in a loud voice, You spoke power into me! I believe Your power is now my power! Energize me! Strengthen me! Form me into the person You created me to be. Be glorified in me!


Joyfully, I come to drink the never-ending stream of pure Living Water flowing from the full well of my salvation. With each sweet sip, draw me closer to You. As I spend time reading, reflecting, and responding to Your Word, the Bible, let the Spirit of Truth fill me. Saturated in Scripture, I will have the holy power to separate myself from the pleasure of sin I once enjoyed. Overflowing with the ecstatic joy of knowing You, Jesus, Your love will naturally pour out to those around me. Others will touch the stream of Living Water and feel Your Presence.

Please dear Lord, guard my heart. Guide me into all Truth. Do not let me become stagnant with the sludge of sin. Show me the gunk clogging the flow and I will remove it with confession and repentance. Contaminated water is not attractive or useful. Spirit of the Living God hover over me. Cleanse my contaminated mind. Use me to quench thirsty souls scorched with sin. I am Yours O Lord. Increase Your glory through the Living Water flowing in me and through me for Your name sake. Amen.

Did you notice that Jesus said in a loud voice, "Come to me and drink"? He is expecting you! Go sip the sweetness of His Word as He speaks to You through the Bible today. Blessings will flow in you and through you!

No comments: