Friday, May 27, 2005

Psalm 138

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise.

2 I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.

4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth.

5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD, for the glory of the LORD is great.

6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.

8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

Lord,
I humbly come before You with heartfelt praise and adoration. I have seen Your glorious splendor, Your beauty and majesty! My soul proclaims, "My God how great Thou art!"
Thank you for Your marvelous love and miraculous mercy! I am astonished that Dwayne came home from the hospital just two days after his life-threatening brain surgery! Only by Your amazing grace! I praise You, Jesus, for hearing the prayers of the multitudes! We have seen Your glory and will praise Your name forever! You are an awesome God!


I wonder at Your healing of a dying little boy. I cried with the mother as she surrendered her son to You. I thought of You surrendering Your son for me. While a mysterious disease devoured his body, threatened his life, and took his hands and feet, You heard the cries of the masses. You mercifully saved Him by Your incredible healing grace. Thank You for the technology that will make him new hands and feet so that he can stand in awe of You! Though this is not the dream any mother would wish for her son, You have fulfilled Your purpose for his life. I rejoice that the infection did not consume his heart, mind or smile. Thank You for restoring the twinkle to his eye and sanctifying him for Your glory! I exalt, God!

Your love and faithfulness are unfathomable. Thank You for sending Your Son to die for me. My only adequate response is to fall down and worship You in spirit and in truth with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. My lips will sing of Your love forever! I will tell of the great things You have done!

Though you are high and mighty, You tenderly stoop down to hear my humble heart when I call. Surrounded by trouble, You protect me with Your strong arm. Thank You for being my strength when I am weak. You are my remarkable Redeemer and splendid Savior. I will lift up Your holy name forever!

As an act of worship, I willingly surrender all of my hopes, ambitions, and dreams into Your hand. Fulfill Your purpose for me and be glorified! I am trusting that You will not abandon me. I believe that Your love endures forever because of Jesus! Amen

Prepare your heart for worship by thanking God for all the great things He has done. Thank Him for all the prayers He has heard and answered. Thank Him for his love, mercy, protection, strength, compassion, faithfulness, etc. He truly is an awesome God! He does not always answer the way we want Him to, but He does answer according to His purpose and plan for our lives.

No comments: